Friday 5 July 2013

Burn, Baby, Burn

I once stumbled upon my eldest brother burning all of his mangas; ones that he had been collecting since he was in high school until he's done with his degree right before he started his job. I couldn't even imagine why would you burn something that you used to cherish, I mean, its a collection that he worked on for years. I know how much he loved the series (Dragon Ball Z books), I mean we all do but seeing him burning the books himself makes me really wonder but the question "Why?" was never asked.

Now that I am of his age, I am starting to see the world the way he did. Now that I think back, I supposed having the books around makes him remember of his high school life (as in the past, his teens years), and now that he's a grown up, he had to be rid of the "things kid do" so that he can carry on living and start being an adult. Maybe when the books are all gone, he wouldn't feel a need to further be attched to it.

I wouldn't go as far as the Elric's brother to burn their home so that they can focus on the task at hand (Suddenly a Fullmetal Alchemist reference, lol), or burn the books like my brother did. I am thinking of sealing my past in boxes, and leave them somewhere where I could not see them until one fine day I found them; and realize they are all the past, and I am in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment