Monday 17 June 2013

A pair of shoes and expiry dates

I bought a pair of good shoes and started on a job; and when I started doing it, I am not sure whether I should continue doing it or walk away. But I already bought a shoes; and I won't be using that shoes anywhere else except the job. So I told myself, I'll do this job until this shoes' sole is ruined.

I kept true to my word.

One fine day on the job, I noticed that the there's a hole on the sole of the left shoe. I noticed it because I was walking in the rain, so to speak. So, I decided to leave job that night.

I then noticed how there's a similarity to my situation and Mr. Magorium in Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium; that things that has a start will have an end. He was on his final pair of shoes, and he's bought enough to last a lifetime. In my case; the pair of shoes is my indicator of how how long I'm staying.

I think my view on a job is like Mr. Magorium.I gave myself enough time to test myself, to prove my worth and to leave when I need to.

My time is up. I am already gone. Goodbye job.

No comments:

Post a Comment