Monday 3 June 2013

In the name of Love

I was in a slump today, I couldn't do anything. I can't even start writing my assignments and I simply lie there on my bed moping for hours. I finally pick up the phone and called my mum. I told her how I have been a lazyass and not doing anything at all. She said one thing; and in fact that is the only thing that ever say to me whenever I called her about my sudden mopig outbreak.

"Quit everything you're doing right now, shower, pray to god and recite Quran. When you're done, restart whatever you need to do. Okay? Now GO!"

I did. I guess that was the thing that I need, someone to push me into doing something "RIGHT NOW!!!"

Later, I had my dinner with a friend and I told her about my silly ordeal of refusing to wake up from bed and start doing things I should and what my mom told me. My friend didn't say anything and simply laugh along but when we was parting ways; she said this "Do appreciate her while she's still around. I lost mine when I was 21 & my dad when I was 13. It good to be able to call and tell her stuff when nobody else understands you."

I said I am sorry for being insensitive of her feelings but she said that she has already moved on accepted God's fate so there is nothing to be sorry about. She said in the future, she'll listen to her children's rant; the same way my mom did to me. I smiled and pats her shoulder, I said thanks and smile. I am glad to have such a cool friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment