Friday 28 June 2013

Sleeping Monster

The craziest thing happened today. Let me backtrack a bit. It all began last night when I was completing my part for a group work assignment. I stayed up all night and managed to get it done. I was in charge of collecting and editing and proofreading the final version of our paper, so I waited and waited for everyone to complete and send it to me.

I was so tired, and fighting to stay awake.

Then I opened my eyes. I was 6 hours past the due date/time of the said assignment. I sat on my bed silently, deciphering what just happened and then it hit me. I am so DEAD!!! I checked my mail and everything's there, completed, and I am the one who literally haven't done my duty yet. I started to panic and my mouth endlessly spouted unintelligible curses while thinking of a solution. What solution, anyway? The ship has sailed, the flight has flown. I almost cried and breakdown at the very moment but I managed to gather the courage to call my teacher.

As much as I tried to keep calm, my voice did betray my nervousness, guilt and mostly; fear. I didn't think lying is a good idea, because I'm gonna need to keep up with the lie and that's tiring, so I simply tell my teacher the truth (with my over the top freak out mode voice~ almost cried) and lucky me; my teacher is cool enough to allow me to submit it the day after. I was so engulfed with relief, and my teacher even asked me to calm down. (I must've sounded very panic, obviously). Crisis averted.

I simply got everything ready first; editing and proofreading and printing so that I can just go and submit the day after without any hassle. Learn from your mistake, honey. Don't wait to print on last minute. Something WILL go wrong. That's just the rule of last minute assignment. LOL~ Later that night I met my group members for supper and I told them about the "drama" earlier this evening. They're all speechless at first, then some yelling and "friendly" slap and punch on the back and my arm, and finally, I was laughed at the whole time we were at the round table (while eating). They said that its no longer appropriate to call me "Sleeping Beauty", instead I was bestowed another title; "Sleeping Monster".

No comments:

Post a Comment