Thursday 23 May 2013

Emotional Bankruptcy

"Do you not have feelings?"

It is not the first time that I was ever asked this question. The answer remains the same: I never answer. I do not have the answer to that as well. I do feel happy, angry, annoyed, and sad obviously. If I don't, I wouldn't ponder about this question at all. I think what hurts the most to me is that its not entirely untrue. I know I am cold. I realize that I am blunt. I am insensitive. I feel; but my feelings are belated. I can't immediately reply to questions like this. I need time to think and by the time I'm done thinking; the moment has passed. I miss my chance to speak. I have to think first before I speak. I have to ponder, to choose try find the wisest word to be spoken so I wouldn't hurt anyone, because I know how hurt it to be slayed by words. Its not physical pain; its your heart shredded to pieces.



I badly wanted to explain that I am not a person who is devoid of emotion. I am just not good as expressing my feelings as other people. That is all.


No comments:

Post a Comment