Wednesday 15 May 2013

My Funny Bunnies and Lecture Notes

Today I attended a class and there were 2 presentations. The first one was done by my group. I think I fared pretty well in my presentation, sort of. Maybe not. I was also extremely nervous that I kinda speed through it; but without stutter, I swear. It was good, and that was the last presentation for the course. I was a little hyped up after we're done presenting. Like, yay! Its over! Haahahha~

Anyway, it was our turn to listen to the other group's presentation. I have to admit, they are pretty cool. They turn the presentation into a forumlike discussion and it worked. Most of us participated; some was caught off guard with the MC's questions. As I listened and look at the slideshow presentation, I took notes and being the "self proclaimed artistic" person, I drew pictures alongsides the lecture notes. (like ballons, bunnies, raccoons, biscuits, gingerbread and trees; basically whatever that pops into mind while I was writing).

I was happily drawing flowers (while giggling) and I sense a presence behind me. It was my lecturer, I have no idea that shes been observing me. Ooops. I thought my lecturer would be mad; y'know, you're basically scribbling/doodling during lecture but the words said later startled me. "I couldn't help but notice your notes. From this ballons, to the signboards (while pointing at the pictures); you are a visual learner and auditory at the same time. Its very good." and walked away after giving me a pat on my back. I smiled. Broadly. I think I even giggled. I was so happy! Like getting chocolate kind of happiness.

I was extremely touched.

That was cool. I mean, I have had teachers/lecturers who reprimand me for drawing during classes. To be acknowledged of doing something because "I am just being me" (thats how I write my notes anyway) is very... I don't know how to put it into words; but it felt so wonderful. I loved the sudden attention; and that it unexpectedly came without me anticipating anything, and it doesn't make me feel like a weird kid who doodles because of boredom and/or lose interest in learning.

The friend who sat next to me said "well, at least you weren't caught for drawing the lecturer". lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment