Monday 13 May 2013

Vantage Point

Last night I went out with a friend. We usually talk about study and rarely speaks about personal issues. I have known her for about 9 months already but only recently did we become a bit closer. So we talked.

I have no idea how, but she managed to make me speak about my past; and truly ask me of who I was and what I have encountered in the past. I am the type of person who would hide my true thoughts to myself most of the time, and I am not entirely honest with almost everyone. Very rarely did I ever speak the absolute truth and last night I did.

I was immensely impressed by the fact that this person can read me almost immediately. She notices little things that most people won't unless they care. She told me of my flaws and I acknowledged some that I have already known; and keep in thoughts of other things I have not noticed.

It strikes me really hard that she could point out a lot of my strengths, and visualize how she sees me as a person. I was on the verge of tears; as I have never even see myself as that. I have always see myself as small, insignificant and less important. Its my complex, really. Yes, I have been told but last night hit me like a rainstorm. I was forced to look at myself and see myslef in a new light. I am thankful, and its been a while since I have ever felt this...APPRECIATED as a person. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment