Friday 10 May 2013

The Dream of Becoming Barbie

Lately I've been worried so much about my weight. Yes, I've grown fatter over the year and people around me keeps on telling me how fat I've become. Thank you, but I have a mirror too. I have no idea that being fat is such a big deal. I mean, suddenly I become the butt of a joke, and I even got a new nickname! OMG~ I have no idea that this is the kind of treatment every other fat people had. Its sad and hurtful. Poor us.

So everyone pestered me with beauty products here and there and my facebook wall is flooded with advertisement from people I don't even know, friends added me to a page where people buy good product, protein shake, and herbal tea to get slimmer and stuff. I am sort of offended and amused at the same time. People quickly assume that everyone wants to be slim quickly. Of course I want to lose weight, (books say its unhealthy and I am more prone to get diseseases like diabetes and heart problem) but not through medication, herbal beauty products and random mojo food. Its not right and even if I lose weight quickly by using the products, whos to say there will be no side effect? I mean, different people react differently to medications so... whats the point in getting slimmer by toasting my liver?

I'll just run to improve my body image. I'm gonna run 1 hour a day every morning and prove to the people selling the products that "I don't need you to have a healthy body".

No comments:

Post a Comment