Wednesday 29 May 2013

Random Act of Kindness

One day I was feeling so depressed over something I can't quite place. (Its a mixture of everything, really) and I rode a bus and that day, I was pretty lucky to have secured a seat. I will definitely feel crappier if I had to stand all the way home through the ride and I get to sit. So, cool. I'm okay.

Then there was a guy wearing a snowcap and carries a slingbag fully decorated with badges of his favorite band I think; and he was holding a guitar in his hand. The bus driver apparently was also having a bad day judging from he way he drove the bus; really fast, and I know it didn't slow down at any turn, execept when the bus is dropping and picking people. The guy holding the guitar looked slightly unbalanced but I noticed that even when he's about to lose control of his footing; he always keep his guitar safe from falling or getting hit by other standing people.

Without saying a word I extend my hand, and gesture a "let me hold the guitar for you" with a smile and anod (facial expression language much?). He apparently understood that and hand it over to me. I hold it in my grip and he finally can use his free hand to get the nearby pole to keep his balance. At that moment, all that I could ever think of was "The hell did I just do? He's a complete stranger. Why did I do that? Its so awkward!" I have no idea. I just did. He's also something; handing it over to me when we absolutely not know each other.

I didn't even utter a word to him and when I reached my stop, I returned it to him and I can hear a faint "Thanks" coming out of his mouth. I smiled and nodded (I don't know why it was so difficult for me to speak that day. Oh, yes. I was in bad mood and I haven't spoken to anyone that day. Silly me, of course I won't speak to him.). I got out of the bus; and I can totally hear another passenger saying something like "Oy, give her your number, dude". I guess we've been observed by the rest of the people. Ha.

Anyways, I sort of forgot that I was feeling down earlier; and I was left with a fuzzy and contented feelings afterwards. I guess thats why people say we have to do good in order to feel good. Indeed, doing good is a good thing. I'm happy. And to guy with guitar; thanks, you made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment